To infinity and beyond…
March 9th, 2012
Which of us as a child playing with Lego didn’t wish the models we built could actually do what the real thing could? I remember building aircraft out of Lego imagining what it would be like to see those models in the air or racing down the road (of course with Mecanno i didn’t have to imagine that hard becuase it was possible – but that’s a different post).
Well these guys have releasied the dreams of every child who ever buitl a model rocket. They’ve put a Lego Space Shuttle in the air and then some – 35000m (114000ft in old money). To a seasoned Lego builder like me who has now passed that love onto another generation this is quite simply – awesome (particularly from 2:38 onwards)
Like this post? Here are some similar ones...
- Good service – praise where it is due
- On the off-chance, I emailed the supplier in China first mentioning the problems I had encountered with the original ‘phone. To my – pleasant – surprise they offered to replace it. I had told them how long ago I had bought it and they were fine with that. They asked me to post it to
- Announcing the social media survival kit
- Instead of closing my Twitter account. I kept it open but I did walk away for a short time. It did me the power of good and while I was away I did a lot of thinking about social media and whether I should return and if so under what form. I came up with
- Indenting a single line in WordPress
- WordPress allows for indented paragraphs within it’s usual editor but not for a single line. The trick is to wrap a small bit of html code around the line you want to indent Like this? Share it with others...