A sheep with a moustache?
October 25th, 2012
Earlier this year a really good mate of mine came through prostate cancer. As y9ou can imagine there has been much celebration and thankfulness because of this. But there has also been some reflection and sobriety on the fact that in the UK alone, 10,000 men will not survive prostate cancer. Add to that the thousands who will sadly die from testicular cacner and you begin to see why something must be done.
In order to help raise much needed funds I am growing a moustache.
Yes, a moustache.
Movember is an annual event where thousands of men around the world come together to celebrate the hairy top lip and – more importantly – to raise funds for men’s health charities. It’s called Movember because it takes place during the month of November (see what they did there?).
This year I am taking part and I will be keep you updated on the progress of my fine nostril warmer as the month progresses. I am asking you lovely people to sponsor me. You can do this online at this link.
Many thanks to those who already have sponsored me and to in advance to those who will. I hope to culitvate a moustache worthy of your sponsorship.
Like this post? Here are some similar ones...
- Grace and optimism – lottery winners pay for a new leg
- Kieran Maxwell is a 13 year old from Scotland who lost the lower half of one leg to Ewing’s Sarcoma, a rare and aggressive form of cancer, in October 2010. Kieran captured hearts when he fell but picked himself up carrying the Olympic torch in July 2012. His family had been saving and fundraising for
- How ever will the church survive?
- It was the work, not the movement which changed the world. And it wasn’t the wise people at the top who did the work nor the wiser people in the middle. It wasn’t even the rest of the people. It was all of the people who did it. There was no special requirement, no training
- Announcing the social media survival kit
- Instead of closing my Twitter account. I kept it open but I did walk away for a short time. It did me the power of good and while I was away I did a lot of thinking about social media and whether I should return and if so under what form. I came up with