I’ll keep this brief and succinct:
- Everything on this site (including text and images) is Copyright © Ryan P. Cartwright
- Unless noted otherwise everything on this site is covered by a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike Non-Commercial 3.0 licence.
What that means is that you are free to :
- distribute, use and/or transmit the works
- alter or adapt the works
- redistribute your altered version
Just as long as you:
- Acknowledge me as the author/creator of the original by including this text somewhere in the work: “by Ryan Cartwright – http://www.crimperman.org” – for altered works you can put “Based on an original work by Ryan Cartwright – http://www.crimperman.org”. (If you are including a cartoon in your newsletter you can leave the note I put at the bottom of the toon rather than write any specific acknowledgement).
- Give those receiving any distributed works (including your own altered versions) the same freedoms as listed here
- not use the work in a commercial venture. I interpret this as anything that makes a profit or seeks to make a profit. This includes publications such as magazines & newspapers
Your otherwise fair usage of these works is not inhibited and any of the above conditions can be waived by getting prior permission from me in writing.
If you want to use something in a commercial environment (under the defnition above), just leave a comment on the relevant page stating what you want to use and I’ll get back to you. Note leaving a comment does not constitute you getting permission, it just lets me know you want to use something. If you fake your e-mail (which will be hidden) when commenting I won’t be able to get back to you.
Cookies and privacy
See the privacy page for information of what cookies this site uses and how
Previously, stuff on this site was under a charityware licence. Whilst I feel the Creative Commons licence I now use gives you a greater (and more preferable, on my part) freedom, it does not mention charitable work at all.
I’m not doing this for any thanks (although words of encouragement are – well – encouraging) but I understand that sometimes people want to show their appreciation. If that includes you, then I encourage you to donate to a charity of your choice on my behalf.
Ryan Cartwright January 2010